A Travellerspoint blog



ALRIGHTI ITS BEEN A WHILE. I was on a boat. for 2 nights. I wrote down some notes so i wouldnt forget what to update the blog with. So here we go.
After whereever i left you off at we took a 12 hour train ride over to wherever we are now. (Yichang i belive) the train was nicer then the last one. No crazy mosquito attacks. me and jam were top bunk again. We were eating these fun little cookies that we bought from the store. They were okay. really lemony. But they demanded tea. We had to have tea with them. Good thing we had tea. We thought it would be simple enough to go down to the resteraunt and ask for a cup of which to put out tea in. Trouble was the resteraunt was 9 whole carts away. And we were already warned it would be quite the eventful walk down there. Me and jam decided to go for it anyway. First cart we enter theres a child with her mother. Stares me straight in the eye. Points right at my face and SCREAMS. AHHHHH!!!! and i scream AHHHH. She looked at me like i was a monster! We dont let that stop us. We kept walking. moments later a shirtless dude sitting on the top bunk looks at us and makes the picture gesture. We shake our heads and continue to walk. it was madness! The first cart was the worst. After that it got a bit better. Lots of shirtless old men we had to avoid. But we finally made it to the resteraunt. We are just about to sit down at a table when this man looks at us in discust and shakes his head saying no nono. So..we try a different table. Same reaction. We are like. Okay either they dont like us or the place is closing. What a fail. We have to turn around and walk right back. Cupless and tea less.
The sleep on the bus was okay. I woke up and i really had to pee, naturally. But i really didnt want to use the squatter, naturally. So i decided id wait till we were in the train station. We get off the train and I inform louis (our tour leader) of my situation. He suggests i wait till we stop off at mcdonalds. I trust him and say okay. Maybe an hour later we get to mcdonalds. I run in. NO BATHROOM. So me and a few people walk around in search of one. WE finally find one. Its a squatter of course. Even here the ladies line is always 10 times as long. And the line up situation was really odd. Took forever but we finally got in. God. Its terrible. I was peeing on some one elses crap. pissy shit splattering everywhere. NO toilet paper. And then you get out and theres never any soap! Its awful. And im standing there waiting for jamie to get out and i have to watch all the people not even attempt to wash their hands and horking. BLEGH. Anyway so we go back to Mc donalds. Order our usual (pancakes and hashbrown) service takes forever. Me and jam are the last to get our meal. And we dont get any syrup. And im all like god damnit. When i got my meal with no syrup i asked for some straight away. But she was confused and just walked away. So i tried going up there and asking for some. Making the best syrup and gesture i could. They all just stared at me. I mean, it doesnt seem like that obscure of a request. Eventually a girl tells me One moment. And im like....uh. suuure. so i sit down and wait (jamie hasnt gotten her order yet). Jam gets it. No syrup. Try asking again. no dice. We eat our panckaes without syrup. Yet another fail!
After that we have a 4 hour bus ride to the hotel to look forward to. im not feeling to great so i decide to take a gravol. Im knocked out the entire way. Sleeping at the back of the buss on a row of like..4 seats. Drooling on some nasty ass seat cusion. it was kind of disturbing but im glad i didnt have to be concious for that ride.
After the exauhsting bus ride Louis decides to take us out for some hot pot. Picture a round table with a pot of boiling oil in the middle of it and all kinds of shit getting thrown inside. Every meat imaginable and a few vegitables. Everyones already feeling a bit iffy. So it wasnt the best idea. But i ate my veggies and they were not bad. Everyone else was quite worried for their health afterwards but no one ended up getting sick fortunatly.
After that we take a taxi down to the boat station. We get there and we have about 40 minutes to wait. We are all just piled outside of the station. Minding our own business when he rudest people come and start annoying the hell out of julie. This creepy dude just starts poking her over and over and even goes as far to kick her bag! While some woman (who looks like she could be his mother) creeps around the corner laughing her ass off. Im staring at them in pure discust while they laugh it up. It was unbelievable. Eventually Julie cant take it anymore and lets the guy know if he keeps it up she will kick his ass. We had no more trouble after taht. But jeeze they were treating us like animals!
Man this has not been a great blog so far haha. We finally get on the boat. Its alo nicer then expected. We have our own shower. 2 beds. Western toilet. After a bit of hanging around we eat supper at the resteraunt on the bus. It was suprisingly delicious. We had fried veggies and egg fried rice. With some littles bits of mystery of course.
More hanging out ensues after that. We all decide to hang out on the roof that night. All the sudden we start going through this tunnel thing. Which is essentially 3 walls. Im confused as hell. All the sudden a door closes behind us and the thing starts filling with water. Ive never experianced something like this before. It was kind of creepy. So ya the thing starts filling with water and we just float over the top..i guess? I dont know im still confused by the whole time. We went through alot of those.
The hanging out turns into the BEST FRICKEN GAME OF 7 UP IN MY LIFE!. Me and a couple other people just started talking about it and we actually all played it and it was actually REALLY fun. We played it for HOURs. It got violent...pretty quick actually. It was so extreme. we would smack the hell out of eachothers thumbs hahaha god. And i would always be pissed off and all like SCREW THIS GAME. but then id get up there and feel the power and haha it was just good. Really good.
We let that go on till aobut 2 am and decided to hit the hay. Goodnights were shared and im just chillin on my bed. I just go to close the curtains a bit when EEEEEEE THERES A FRICKEN COCKROACH IN THE CURTAINS AND ITS COMING RIGHT FOR ME OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I JUMP UP I RUN OUT OF THE ROOM ACROSS THE HALL TO THE BOYS ROOM ACROSS THE HALL GET THE BOYS SHOVE THEM OUT OF THEIR ROOM SHOVE THEM IN MINE THEY ARE CONFUSED AS HELL I TRY TO EXPLAIN MYSELF AND..... its too late. They do quite a good search but to no evail. I reallly wanted a body but the couldnt find anything. :( The shit was totally scared out of me at this point and there was no way i was going back to bed. I wanted to keep them there as long as possible in case of another sighting. So I offer them all the snacks they want. I offer them our tv. Me and jamie were even fanning them for a bit. 3 hours pass and its 5 in the morning. I give up on everything and let them free. Me and jamie sleep on the same bed. Its a single bed. And the sleep was actaully decent.
The next day was not tooo eventful. A bit of sight seeing. We get on a smaller boat. (it was a pretty neat boat actually) to get a closer look at the 3 gorges. Much beauty there. Got out went for a bit of a walk. And then the walk got really high. Like, really high up. And i started to get really scared. Held jamies hand all the way back down.
Back on the big boat. We ended up boating through the actual picture thats on the 10$ bill here. That was neeeaaat and beautttiousss.
Another decent sleep, considering the situation. Even though there was no more sightings of the pest after that one time me and jamie still have to sleep on the same bed. Woke up. Jamie went to the 3 gorges dam. I wasnt intrested in that. Too much money and just..not that ineresting to me. So me and jamie were seperatedfor the first time!
Me and the 2 other people were stuck on that boat till 4 pm. It was extremely tedious. I was so bored. Did a bit of colouring. Did a bit of sitting there. Took 2 showers. Thank god i bought this dinky little hand held game from this random store. Its made to look like a ipod touch. but it plays games like tetris and that snake game and frogger and helicopter and it was actually quite fun! And only 10 chinese dollers. So cheap. Jamie says the dam was ok. She says she was a huge celebrity again. Asians were lining up to take pictures with her. And now we are reunited back here in Yichang. The hotel here is quite nice. Didnt get to see it much. But it was nice. OKAY THIS BLOG WAS HELLA LONG. IM JUST GUNNA CUT IT QUICK~

Posted by BaileyJam 02:29

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint